ARE YOU SHORT CREDITS FOR GRADUATION? You can still graduate with your class… by taking NovaNET online classes.
Marshall Public Schools offers high school classes online, enrollment is now open. Classes are self-paced so motivated students earn credits they need in a learning lab supervised by a certified teacher.
HIGH SCHOOL SUMMER OFFICE HOURS…are 7:00am-3:00pm Monday – Thursday, there will be no Friday hours until the start of school.
PRINCIPAL’S OFFICE will close for summer vacation on Thursday, July 2nd and will reopen on Monday, July 13th.
ATTENDANCE OFFICE will close for the summer on Friday, June 12th and will reopen on Monday, August 24th.
GUIDANCE OFFICE will close for the summer on Friday, June 19th and will reopen on Monday, August 17th.
ATHLETIC OFFICE will close for the summer on Friday, June 19th and will reopen on Monday, August 3rd.
WORK PERMIT INFORMATION: The MHS Principal’s Office issues work permits during the summer, please plan to obtain your permit when the office is open. Your student must have a job before the work permit can be issued, and as stated on the work permit, “This is to certify that the minor personally appeared before me”, so please remember the student must be the one who comes to the office to have the permit filled out. All minors who are 11 years of age and up to 18 years of age and not specifically exempted from the Youth Employment Standards Act (P.A. 90 of 1978) and who works in a paid or unpaid position, must have a work permit. The minimum age for employment is 14 years, except that a minor 11 years of age or older may be employed as a golf or bridge caddy. A minor, 13 years of age or older may be employed in certain farm operations or setting traps for trap skeet or sporting clays. Additionally, a minor, at least 11 years of age, may be employed as a youth athletic performance referee.
Testing out of a Class
If your student requested the opportunity to test out of a class (or classes) at Marshall High School for the 2015 – 2016 school year, please mark the following dates for the following courses, please watch for more information as the dates come closer:
- Monday, August 10th at 8:00am - U.S. History and World History
- Monday, August 10th at 1:00pm - English 10 and English 11
- Tuesday, August 11th at 8:00am - Spanish 2 and Spanish 3
- Tuesday, August 11th at 1:00pm - Algebra 2 and Geography
- Monday, August 17th at 8:00am - Info Tech
MARSHALL PUBLIC SCHOOLS WILL BE PARTICIPATING IN THE SUMMER FOOD SERVICE PROGRAM.
Any child 18 years old or younger is eligible to receive one complete lunch for each day the program is in operation. Lunch service will begin on Monday, June 8th at Hughes Elementary School and will run until Friday, August 14th, 2014. Lunches are available Monday throughFriday from 11:30am to 12:30pm. The Entree' and Milk must be consumed on the property but children may take their fruits and vegetables home with them. For questions or additional information, contact Paul Yettaw at Marshall High School at (269) 781-1323 or email@example.com
MHS will be offering Summer School again this summer to any student wanting to make up credits missed during the school year. All core classes and some elective classes will be available. Students needing to make up classes will be mailed a registration form as more details become available. For more information, contact your student’s guidance counselor or Jill Caro at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marshall Singers will have a required two-day camp August 20 & 21 at the high school. Please watch your mail for information. The cost of the camp will be $45.
If your student is in band, Band Camp is scheduled for August 2nd – 7th, which will be held at the HIGH SCHOOL this year. This is REQUIRED for all band members!
If you need transcripts, student files, scholarship information, college application, registration information, or athletic information, you MUST plan ahead and request the information when the respective office is open.
If your student will be taking Advanced Placement or English 9, 10 or 11 Honors courses next school year, please remind them that it is imperative that students enrolled in these classes for the coming school year pick up their summer homework from their teachers (or in the main office) as assignments may be due the first day of school (Sept. 8th, 2015!) AP courses include; AP Stats, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, and AP English.
THE MHSAA SUMMER DEAD PERIOD is scheduled beginning June 28 through July 4, 2015. The dead period means there will be no practice, conditioning or weight training conducted on the school premises or sponsored by the school at other facilities.
SUMMER 2015 ATHLETIC CAMP INFORMATION
- BOYS BASKETBALL CAMP ~ Coach Dent
- The dates are June 8th - 12th; 2nd ~ 6th graders will run from 9:00am ~ noonand 7th ~ 10th grades from 1:00 ~ 4:00pm. The camp will be held in the HIGH SCHOOL GYM. Sign up information is available in the Marshall High School Athletic Office at 701 North Marshall Avenue, or by calling (269) 781~1314.
- GIRLS BASKETBALL CAMP ~ Coach Konkle
- The dates are June 8th – June 12th; Grades 2 through 6 will attend the morning session from 9:00 ~ 11:30am and grades 7 ~ 10 will attend the afternoon session from 1:00 ~ 3:30pm. The camp will be held at the MIDDLE School Gym. Please contact the high school athletic office for sign up information at 701 North Marshall Avenue, or by calling (269) 781~1314.
- CHEER TEAM CAMP ~ Coach Klingaman
- The dates are June 22nd – 24th; Grades 1 through 8, will run from 7:45 ~12:00Noon. The camp will be held at the HIGH School Gym. Please contact the high school athletic office for sign up information at 701 North Marshall Avenue, or by calling (269) 781~1314.
- FOOTBALL CAMP
- For grades 3 through 6 the camp will be June 22nd - 24th from 9:00am ~11:00am.
- For grades 7th through 12th the camp will be July 27th – 30th from 9:00am ~11:30am.
- Both camps will be held at the HIGH School Practice Field – North side of the campus. Please contact the high school athletic office for sign up information at 701 North Marshall Avenue, or by calling (269) 781~1314.
- VOLLEYBALL CAMP ~ Coach Johnson
- The dates are July 13th – 16th; Age 3 through 2nd grade will run from 9:00am – 10:00am, Grades 3 through 6 will run from 10:00 ~ 12:00Noon, Grades 7 & 8 will run from 1:00 ~ 3:30pm and Grades 9 ~ 12 will run from 4:30pm ~7:30pm. The camp will be held at the HIGH School Gym. Please contact Coach Johnson for sign up information by emailing her email@example.com or via phone at 419-290-3257.